He has worked in four KMFRI stations: Sangoro-1990; Baringo-1990-2008; Kisumu-2008-2016; Turkana-2017-2018. He is an aquatic scientist specializing in fisheries biodiversity conservation, fisheries biology, fish population dynamics and microbiology. He attained postgraduate training in marine fisheries in 1993 at International Training and Contact, Brussels, Belgium. He has collaborated with the University of Massachusetts in plankton ecology in 1995..He has been trained in primary and secondary production methods at Marine Research Institute, Zanzibar in 1997. He has a Master of Science (MSc.) in Environmental Science. He has been involved in research projects including Global Environmental Facility (GEF) Baringo Land and Water project between 1997-2005. He has also been involved in Lake Victoria Environment Management Project (LVEMP) between 2009-2016. He has participated as a team leader in Pathfinder HOPE project of Lake Victoria, Kenya between 2014-2016. He has carried out research on GoK seed funded KMFRI projects from 2006-2018 in Lakes Baringo, Lake Victoria and Lake Turkana. He has guided postgraduate students carrying out their research projects at KMFRI laboratories. He has published over ten papers in reputable international journals and more than two book chapters in Springer. Currently, he has submitted his thesis for examinations at Egerton University waiting for the award of PhD degree in Environmental Science of Egerton University, Kenya.
Research Networks : Research Gate
PhD candidate Environmental Science, Egerton University, Kenya
Msc Environmental Science, Egerton University, Kenya
Bsc Biological Sciences, The University of Nairobi, Kenya
Post Graduate Diploma Fisheries, ITC –Brussels, Belgium
- Olilo, CO., Muia, AW., Onyando, JO., Moturi, WN., 2018. Effect of vegetative filter strips on the dynamics of E. coli biofilm-building potential and expression of virulence factors at Mau, Kenya. Energ. Ecol. Environ. 3 (2), 110-125. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s40974-018-0081-3.
- Babu JM, Getabu AM, Nyaundi K, Jembe D, Boera P, Sitoki L, Mwayuli GA, Omondi RO, Olilo CO (2015a) Phytoplankton distribution and abundance in small water bodies of the Lake Victoria Basin of Kenya Internl J Fisheries Aquatic Studies 2(6): 166-169
- Babu JM, Sitoki LM, Ogendi GM, Getabu AM, Boera PN, Akunga GN, Nyaundi JK, Njiru JM, Mwayuli A, Olilo CO (2015b) Effect of point source pollution on water quality, phytoplankton diversity and abundance in Lake Victoria, Kemya. Int. J Fisheries Aquatic Studies 2(4): 178-183.
- Olilo CO, Muia AW, Moturi WN, Onyando JO, Amber FR (2016) The current state of knowledge on the interaction of E coli within vegetative filter strips as a sustainable best management practice to reduce fecal pathogen loading into surface waters. Energ. Ecol. Environ. Vol 1 (4): 248-266. DOI: 10.1007/s40974-016-0026-7.
- Olilo CO, Muia AW, Onyando JO, Moturi WN (2018) Effect of vegetative filter strips on the dynamics of E. coli biofilm building potential and expression of virulence factors at Mau, Kenya. Energ. Ecol. Environ. 3(2): 110-125. DOI:10.1007/s40974-018-0081-3.
- Olilo CO, Muia WA, Onyando JO, Moturi WN, Ombui PN, Shivoga WA (2017) Effect of vegetated filter strips on infiltration and survival rates of E coli in soil matrix at Mau, Njoro River Watershed, Kenya. Energ. Ecol. Environ. Vol 2 (2): 125–142 DOI 10.1007/s40974-016-0049-0.
- Olilo CO, Onyando JO, Moturi WN, Muia AW, Amber FR, Ogari ZF, Ombui PN, Shivoga WA (2016) Composition and design of vegetative filter strips instrumental in improving water quality by mass reduction of suspended sediment, nutrients and Escherichia coli in overland flows in eastern escarpment of Mau Forest, Njoro River Watershed, Kenya. Energ. Ecol. Environ. Vol 1 (6): 386–407 DOI: 10.1007/s40974-016-0032-9.
- Olilo CO, Onyando JO, Moturi WN, Muia AW, Ombui P, Shivoga WA, Roegner AF (2016) Effect of vegetated filter strips on transport and deposition rates of Escherichia coli in overland flow in the eastern escarpments of the Mau Forest, Njoro River Watershed, Kenya. Energ. Ecol. Environ. Vol 1 (3): 157-182 DOI: 10.1007/s40974-016-006-y.
- Omondi, R., W. Ojwang, C. Olilo, J. Mugo, S. Agembe, and J. E. Ojuok (2017) Lakes Baringo and Naivasha: Endorheic Freshwater Lakes of the Rift Valley (Kenya). In: The Wetland Book. C.M. Finlayson et al.(eds.), Springer Science Business. Media Dordrecht.
- Agembe S., Ojwang W., Olilo C., Omondi R., and Ongore C., 2016. SodaLakes of the Rift Valley (Kenya). In: The Wetland Book. C.M. Finlayson et al. (eds.), Springer Science Business. Media Dordrecht. DOI: 10.1007/978-94-007-6173-5_1501